Comfort and Joy Ministries, Inc.

"God Answers Prayers."

Forums

Forum Home > The Making of You, by Rev Michele Taylor > Called, Anointed and Appointed (Destined to Serve)

Rev. Michele
Site Owner

“But we are bound to give thanks always to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions, which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle. Now our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace, comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work” (2 Thessalonians 2:13-17).

When God wants to get our attention, He calls us by our name. He knows us intimately and has a right to initiate a conversation with us. He doesn’t have to wait for us to pray and evoke His presence. He initiates the encounter, and He expects us to rise up to the occasion and respond to his call. When God calls our name, He assures us that we are engaged in a direct and personal conversation with the Father. It is a one-on-one situation, and no one else is invited into the discussion. This is a very personal and intimate moment in our relationship with the Father that does not compare with any other.

When God calls our name, He intends to meet us in a special place that is Holy and sanctified. He will not enter into the midst of our sin to call us into the Holy of Holies. Rather, He calls us when we ourselves have entered into the inner courts of the sanctuary of our heart. He calls us when we have communicated to Him that we are willing to serve Him in some way. He calls us when our heart is pliable and our spirit conditioned to receive His voice. He calls us when we desire to have a more intimate relationship with the Father.

When God calls our name to usher us into the higher calling of ministry, He calls us with an urgency. He calls us with a clear purpose and direct intent. He calls us with precision and accuracy into the perfected and chiseled pathway we will walk in order to fulfill our detailed mission. He calls us out of the ordinary and into the extraordinary. He calls us out of the circumstantial and into the midst of our preordained destiny. He calls us out of the realm of impossible and translates us into the inevitable. He calls us out of things unseen and into things foreseen. (When God Calls Our Name, PP 163 & 164)

Each one of us has a very different, distinct and unique personality, characteristics and character flaws. As such, God deals with us in a way that speaks directly to our individuality and differences. The timeframe for which the Lord waited for me to respond to His calling is not the same as the timeframe for which He waited (or waits) for your response. How long God waits for us to respond is according to His own good pleasure. (How Long? Pg 166)

When we say, “Yes” to the call to ministry, we consciously acknowledge and activate our faith, and we commit ourselves to work. We have faith that God will help us to do what He called us to do, and we have an expectation to work because “ministry” is an action word that requires physical labor. We trust God to instruct us every step of the way; and we have faith that whatever the Lord would have us to do, He will prepare and equip us with the knowledge, wisdom, education and experience we need to be effective... To say, “Yes Lord,” means that we willingly accept the responsibility of the ministry and submit ourselves into the skillful hands of the master potter to mold, shape and reshape us at His will. (Say “Yes,” pp 170 & 171)

The true calling to ministry is by God’s appointment only; not by the pastor, or someone who “just loves the way you speak.” God’s appointment is divinely purposed, spiritually motivated and eternally secured. When God appoints us to ministry, He also anoints us. In His anointing, we can reach our full potential in the ministry for which we are called. We are called to serve. We are anointed to serve, by the mercies of God. We are appointed to serve. We are destined to serve. God expects us to serve. It is His will that we serve. It is an honor and a privilege to serve. Therefore, we ought to serve with gladness and gratitude. Fulfill your destiny and accept the Higher Calling of God to serve. (By Appointment Only, pg 175)

Reflections

1) Do you know what aspect of ministry you are called to?

2) Are you doing the ministry you were called to do or are you trying hard to avoid it at all cost?

3) The Lord has selected you for a particular ministry for a particular reason. He knows who you are, what you’ve done and what you’re going to do. God has anointed and appointed you to a specific ministry. Therefore, He will prepare you and equip you with the necessary tools to do the job. In spite of what you may think and feel, you are capable. The question is, are you willing? Though you may feel unworthy, the Holy Spirit in you makes you worthy. Now it’s up to you to walk worthy of the Lord in your calling. Glorify God by fulfilling your calling to ministry.

This is my prayer

“The spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the broken-hearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn; to appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, that oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness, that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that He might be glorified” (Isaiah 61: 1-3).

Lord, I thank you. I am so grateful that you called me to the ministry. Though the task may be a difficult one, I surrender to your will, and I accept the responsibility. Help me; Father, to do what you have appointed me to do. Release your anointing in me and use me to your glory. Do a work in me, Lord, and perfect the things concerning me. Fulfill your destiny in me. Here I am, Lord. Send me, I’ll go. Hallelujah!

(Excerpts from The Making of You, by Rev. Michele Taylor)

Available at: www.amazon.com, www.authorhouse.com, www.barnesandnoble.com, www.comfortandjoyministries.com (web store)

E-mail: revmichele@hotmail.com

October 19, 2009 at 8:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.