Comfort and Joy Ministries, Inc.

"God Answers Prayers."

Forums

Forum Home > The Making of You, by Rev Michele Taylor > Travailing toTriumph (Over-coming Power)

Rev. Michele
Site Owner

“Thine, O Lord, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty: for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O Lord, and thou art exalted as head above all. Both riches and honor come of thee, and thou reigneth over all; and in thine hand it is to make great and to give strength unto all. Now therefore, our God, we thank thee, and praise thy glorious name” (I Chronicles 29:11-13).

“Clap your hands, all ye people, shout unto God with the voice of triumph. For the Lord most high is terrible; he is a great king over all the earth” (Psalm 47:1).

We are victorious because we are in Christ, and Christ is in us. Nevertheless, we have to travail in order to be triumphant. Travail is not a voluntary action. No one really wants to go through pain and hardship. We’d rather not deal with adversity, struggles and conflict if we don’t have to. Do you remember the last time you volunteered to go into the lion’s den? (See my point!)

Daniel didn’t volunteer to go into the lion’s den and sit amongst the hungry lions. He was thrown into the pit against his will. The adversary expected Daniel to be devoured by the lions, but Daniel trusted God to deliver him. His experience with the God of Abraham gave him the assurance that God would deliver him, if God willed it to be so. Daniel’s faith had been tested in many other moments of travailing, and now his faith prevailed. Even if God did not deliver him, Daniel knew that God was able. Daniel trusted God, and God responded to Daniel’s trust in Him.

We are often thrown into the lion’s den against our will, and our faith is tested. Every adversity teaches us to pray a little harder, longer or differently. Through the process of being delivered, we learn who God is in our lives and to trust Him for our deliverance. We learn that the Lord hears our every cry and supplication, and He is faithful to answer. When we call upon the Father, in the name of Jesus, He will answer. Our relationship with the King of Kings is fortified, and we gain strength to endure the next test. We receive strength to stand strong in our faith; and not bend with every wind of doctrine, or give in and give up when the adversary raises his ugly head.

Process helps us to understand the relationship between our suffering and Christ’s suffering on the cross. (If we suffer with Christ, we shall also reign with Him.) Process teaches us the importance and value of suffering. Process helps us to grow into spiritual maturity as we learn to endure and overcome. It helps us to develop agility and flexibility in our Christian walk. Without process, we tend to become spiritually inept and stagnant. Where there’s no process, there’s no growth. (The Process, pp 144 & 145)

Resilience is the ability to spring back into shape. It’s having the strength to recover -- to handle the situation. Resilience is having buoyancy -- the ability to rise back to the top when we’ve been pushed to the bottom. No matter how bent out of shape we get from a situation, the Holy Spirit gives us resilience to bounce back and straighten out. Being able to pull our selves back together (with the help of the Lord) after being stretched out to the limit, is a sign of over-coming power. When we can pick ourselves up after being pushed down, weighted down, knocked down, held down and held back, squashed, kicked, sat down and sat on, we show God that we’re determined to hold on to His unchanging hands. We show the devil that we’re not going to accept everything he dishes out; neither are we going into a hole to hide.

Resilience exemplifies our trust in God. We trust God to take us through, to deliver us, to lift us up, to show us the way, to guide us and to give us the victory. We trust that God allows all things to happen for a reason, and that reason is always for our good. He has a divine purpose for our going through whatever it is we go through. Therefore, we trust Him to give us the strength and the will to endure. God’s spirit compels us to get up and brush ourselves off. He bends us back into shape and helps us to adapt to the changes that have occurred. We are resilient because God made us resilient -- pliable, adaptable and flexible – so that we can spring back from adversity with over-coming power. (Triumph Takes Resilience, pp 151 & 152)

Every time we go through a spiritual crisis and persevere, God is exalted. The Lord knows that we have hard times, and we often struggle to survive the wickedness in this world. He knows that there are times when we don’t have the “grain of a mustard seed faith” that moves mountains. So He builds our faith by showing us that if we trust Him, He will help us to climb, drill through or go around every mountainous obstacle we encounter. The Lord builds us up and gives us the strength and fortitude we need to withstand suffering, adversity and persecution. God is exalted and the devil is defeated when we don’t give up.

Every time we lift up the name of Jesus while we’re enduring hard times, God is exalted. When we declare that the Lord has delivered us from the hands of the enemy, God is exalted. When we praise Him in the midst of our storm, God is exalted. When God is exalted, He blesses His people. We are blessed because God is exalted in our lives. We have victory because God is victorious in our lives. Through His victory in us, the Lord draws others unto Himself. Praise the Lord! (God is Exalted, Pg 159)

Reflections

1. When you’re going through hardships, suffering and persecution, do you stop, drop and pray, or do you wait until things get worse?

2. Do you praise God continually in the midst of your storm, or do you wait until you can see the break in the day before you offer Him your praise?

3. Prayer and praise are key to your victory. When you’re climbing that stubborn mountain of the situation, prayer and praise will elevate you to a higher place in God. Don’t give up; persevere! Victory is on the other side of your travail. You have over-coming power!

This is my prayer

“O clap your hands, all ye people, shout unto God with the voice of triumph. For the Lord most high is terrible; he is a great king over all the earth” (Psalm 47:1).

Lord, I’m so grateful for your over-coming power. I know that if I suffer with you, I will rein with you. I’ve suffered so much in such a short time, but I know that you were with me all the way. I know that in my travailing, I have overcome. I pray that you will accept my prayer and my praise for helping me to endure the process of my deliverance. I am so thankful that you extended your grace and mercy and gave me another chance to experience your love and compassion.

I adore you master. You are my joy. You are my hope. You are my delight. You are my victory, and I will exalt your name forever. Hallelujah, and Amen!

(Excerpts from The Making of You, by Rev. Michele Taylor)

Available at: www.amazon.com, www.authorhouse.com, www.barnesandnoble.com, www.comfortandjoyministries.com (web store)

E-mail: revmichele@hotmail.com

October 20, 2009 at 12:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.