Comfort and Joy Ministries, Inc.

"God Answers Prayers."

Forums

Forum Home > The Making of You, by Rev Michele Taylor > They Said (Nay-Sayers)

Rev. Michele
Site Owner

“For it was not an enemy that reproached me; then I could have borne it: neither was it he that hated me that did magnify himself against me then I would have hid myself from him: but it was thou, a man mine equal, my guide, and mine acquaintance. We took sweet counsel together, and walked unto the house of God in company” (Psalm 55:12-14).

“Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumbling block or an occasion to fall in his brother’s way” (Romans 14:13).

“Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessings and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be” (James 3:10)

We speak well about a person out of one side of our mouth, and bad out of the other side. We spew both blessings and curses at the same time. James clearly lets us know that the tongue is an untamable, poisonous and vicious weapon that is capable of disseminating both blessings and curses. “But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison…out of the same mouth proceedeth blessings and cursing…” (James 3:8-10).

When we talk about each other, we are passing judgment, and our wicked tongues dispense seeds of destruction. Have we forgotten that we are judged by the same measure of judgment we impose on others? “Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again” (Matthew 7:1-2). Paul asked the question, “But why dost thou judge thy brother? Or why dost thou set at naught thy bother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ” (Romans 14:10).

Personal judgment in the Body of Christ causes dispersion, disharmony, disunity, distrust, discord, disassociation, dislike, disgust and dishonor. All of which leads to broken fellowship among brethren. When discord enters the church body, confusion and division rules the house, and the ministry becomes ineffective. Our judgment becomes a stumbling block for someone else. Paul admonished the Believers, “…let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumbling block or an occasion to fall in his brother’s way” (Romans 14:13).

Reflections

1) What do you do when you know another Christian is talking about you? How do you respond when someone comes to you and talks about another Believer?

2) Stop and pray. We don’t have to be used by the devil to sow seed of dissention into the Body lf Christ. When we feel the urge to talk about the Believers, pass judgment and discredit them in order to build ourselves up; or when we feel victimized by the ones who are talking about us, stop and pray. We don’t have to become defensive and resort to old tactics. Neither do we have to reciprocate with malicious words that destroy. God will control our tongue (and the tongue of others) when we pray.

3) Someone, somewhere will have something to say about you. That’s just the adversary doing what he does. We don’t have to let what “they said” paralyze us or cause us to fall away from the Faith. Don’t stay stuck in what “they said.” Gird up your loins, let it go, and move on!

This is my prayer

“Father, forgive them for they know not what they do” (Luke 23:34).

Lord, forgive me for my evil thoughts towards those who have spewed out corrupt communication concerning me. Pleas forgive me for imposing the same infraction upon others. Forgive my judgments. Cleanse my heart, my mind and my spirit.

Father, look upon those that are young in the Lord and give them strength to endure. Fortify them through your Word, and deliver them from wicked communication. Put a song of praise on their lips and a melody in their heart that will encourage them during the rough times.

Lord, cause our lips to bless you and your people. Help us to exalt one another above ourselves, and to build each other up rather than to tear each other down. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

(Excerpts from The Making of You, by Rev. Michele Taylor)

Available at: www.amazon.com, www.authorhouse.com, www.barnesandnoble.com, www.comfortandjoyministries.com (web store)

E-mail: revmichele@hotmail.com

October 22, 2009 at 10:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.