Comfort and Joy Ministries, Inc.

"God Answers Prayers."

Forums

Forum Home > The Making of You, by Rev Michele Taylor > Turning Points ( Suicide is Not an Option)

Rev. Michele
Site Owner

“Hear my prayer, O Lord, and let my cry come unto thee. Hide not thy face from me in the day when I am in trouble; incline thine ear unto me; in the day when I call answer me speedily. For my days are consumed like smoke, and my bones are burned as an hearth. My heart is smitten, and withered like grass so that I forget to eat my bread. By reason of the voice of my groaning my bones cleave to my skin. I am like a pelican of the wilderness; and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top…My days are like a shadow that declineth; and I am withered like grass” (Psalm 102:1-7, 11).

“Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer. From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy. I will abide in thy tabernacle forever: I will trust in the covert of thy wings” (Psalm 61:1-4).

Have you ever been in that place where you just wanted to die; where suicide looked like the only way of escape? Have you been to that place where mental anguish and emotional turmoil wrapped themselves so deeply around despair that your soul hungered for death? Circumstances take us there. Consequences resulting from poor judgment and bad decisions we’ve made take us there – to the edge of hopelessness – and we want to give up. There but for the grace of God go I.

God understands the place we are in, and our state of mind. He knows what is really in our heart and which way we will go. He knows what the end will be and why. He knows that suicidal ideation; or gestures, is influenced by demonic forces that convince us to self-destruct. He also knows how He will intervene on our behalf in order to save us. (The Road to Self-destruction, pg 42)

We have a Savior, an advocate, who feels what we feel. Jesus understands our loneliness. He knows about our depression and despondence. He knows all about rejection, denial and betrayal. He understands the complexities of every decision we make, and the results that follow. When we put our lives into the hands of the Savior, He will save us. He chose to lay down His life so that we could life. “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved” (John 3:16-17). No other self-sacrifice is acceptable. (Jesus Saves, pg 49)

Change begins with prayer. Pray until something happens. Pray until you feel the change in your spirit. Pray until you feel the change in your heart. Pray until you turn. When Jesus prayed, the direction of the world turned. (Prayer Changes Things, pg 51).

Every crossroad presents an opportunity to turn to Jesus. When we turn to Jesus, our path is made straight, and our direction is clear. Regardless of what we encountered during the journey; regardless of the obstacles that got in our way or the deceptions that caused us to err, we can still turn to Jesus. Jesus is right there waiting to help us. No matter how great the storm, how hard the wind may blow, how heavy the rain falls, how painful the hailstones, Jesus will protect us. When conditions impede our vision; and we can’t see what lied ahead, we know that at the end of the road, our Savior is waiting with open arms and refreshment for our spirit. All we have to do is turn to Him. He’s standing at the crossroads of life and death ready to lead us down the road of victory. (Turn, pp 55-56).

Reflections

1) Prayer changes things. Pray until your change comes.

2) Write down a scripture that gives you encouragement and put it on your bedroom mirror, or closet door. Meditate on it daily.

3) Suicide is not an option! Jesus loves you too much to leave you comfortless and without hope. Turn to Jesus. He will help you.

4) If you have suicidal thoughts, seek professional help and Godly counsel from a pastor, minister or Christian Counselor.

This is my prayer:

“But thou, Oh Lord, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head” (psalm 3:3).

You, Lord, are my Strength and my Redeemer. You are my fortress and a very present help in the time of trouble. When I call upon your name, you answer. In the midst of turmoil, you sent peace. You comfort my soul. Your spirit brings direction to my indecision. You infuse clarity where there is confusion. When I want to give up, you embrace me with love and grid my loins with holiness.

I put my trust in you, O Lord. For I know that you are my deliverer. Help me to turn away from self-destructive thoughts and behavior and turn to the light of my salvation. Renew your spirit in me. Renew my mind and transform my life from helplessness to hopefulness. Restore your joy in me and lead me to the rock that is higher than I. keep me on the path of righteousness.

Thank you; Lord, for turning my life around. I exalt you; God of my salvation, for your love and mercy endures forever. Amen.

(Excerpts from The Making of You, by Rev. Michele Taylor)

Available at: www.amazon.com, www.authorhouse.com, www.barnesandnoble.com, www.comfortandjoyministries.com (web store)

E-mail: revmichele@hotmail.com

October 22, 2009 at 10:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.